Summit under the Auspieces of the Swiss Confederation
• Prof. Dr. med. Patrick Hunziker, University Hospital Basel (CH) (chairman)
• Prof. Dr. med. Christoph Alexiou, University Hospital Erlangen (D)
• Prof. Dr. Lajos Balogh, American Society for Nanomedicine, Boston (USA) North Andover, Massachusetts, (USA)
• Prof .Dr. Gerd Binnig, Nobel Laureate, Munich (D)
• Prof. Dr. Yechezkel Barenholz, Hebrew University, Hadassah MedicalSchool, Jerusalem (IL)
• Prof. Dr. med. Omid Farokhzad, Director, Center for Nanomedicine, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston (USA)
• Prof. Dr. med. Dong Soo Lee, PhD. Chairman, Department of Nuclear Medicine Seoul National University (KOR)
• Dr. med. h.c. Beat Löffler, MA CLINAM-Foundation, Basel(CH)
• Prof. Dr. med. Marisa Papaluca Amati, European Medicines Agency, London(UK)
• Prof. Dr. Gert Storm, Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, (NL)
• Prof. Dr. Viola Vogel, Laboratory for Biologically Oriented Materials, ETH, Zürich (CH)
Welcome to the European Global Summit for Nanomedicine and Targeted Medicine from May 7‐10, 2017. The goal of the CLINAM Foundation is to contribute to the benefit of patients and society by exploring and translating leading edge technologies towards clinical application, with an emphasis on Nanomedicine, Targeted Medicine and Personalization. The summit keeps its tradition to build bridges from the enabling technologies to clinical application for major and neglected diseases. There is broad support for this summit by more than 35 collaborating institutions.
This is the 10th Summit of its kind. The CLINAM Foundation uses the opportunity of this Jubilee to present a programme with a strong focus on the route of nanomedicine from basic and enabling sciences to successful clinical applications in targeted and precision medicine and related fields, to discuss critically common bottlenecks based on the experience of the past decade by our broad international expert community.
Over the past decade, the CLINAM Summit evolved to an exquisite and globally unique event that brings together all stakeholders in Nanomedicine and Targeted Medicine. It builds on the principle that fundamental scientists, developers and professionals in clinical application and in all to Nanomedicine related fields can mutually learn from each other to find better solutions for the medicine of the future. Based on recent groundbreaking achievements, the next meeting in May will highlight
• The scientific basis of nanomedicine
• New developments in analytic and diagnostic technologies
• Targeting and personalization
• Improved understanding of the mechanisms of nano interacting with life
• Pitfalls of nano in medicine
• The impact of digital technologies and modeling on nanomedicine
• Experimental and clinical application digital technologies and modeling on nanomedicine
• Nanomedical Immunotherapies
• The pathway to safe nanomedicines, to enable breakthroughs in successful clinical applications
• The entrepreneurial pathways for Nanomedicine
• Plenary sessions will highlight the most recent and provocative developments. In addition
• Three Satellite Meetings are scheduled: European Nanomedicine Characterization Laboratory, Education / Workforce Training Partnerships in Collaboration with FDA, USA / Global Regulatory Authorities Satellite
CLINAM will welcome again more than 500 participants from the community of Nanomedicine and Targeted Medicine and aims at bringing together the pioneers and worldwide opinion leaders, not only to learn and discuss but also to develop new ideas, create new collaborative projects and shape the future. Last year’s participating experts from 39 countries appreciate CLINAM Foundation’s role as the service provider for Nanomedicine and we will do everything necessary to surpass the expectation of the participants and to build a fruitful event that contributes to the important tasks in human healthcare that still await solutions.
Appreciation by the CLINAM Foundation
The Nonprofit CLINAM Foundation is grateful to be able to realize this annual Summit due to their sponsors that give the opportunity to gather so many excellent international experts to advance the field of Nanomedicine.
The 10th CLINAM‐Summit is 2017 under the Auspices of the Swiss Confederation. It is our goal to broaden the frontiers of knowledge of Nanomedicine in Diagnosis, Therapy and Treatment and make innovation happen by novel drugs and devices and new ways of development and cooperation. We are happy, doing this in Switzerland in the heart of Europe.
We look forward, to welcome all Stakeholders in Clinical Nanomedicine and Targeted Medicine in Basel to meet together, debate together, to investigate together, to learn from each other and to come to novel findings and to in harmony together advance the discipline to the benefit of the patient and humankind.